Infant, Child & Adolescent Mental Health Research Seminar – 2021
Recap 2021 seminars:
17-Mar | Game for Health
Game for Health: addressing the psychological needs of children and adolescents with long-term physical conditions.
Dr Hiran Thabrew
31-Mar | Methamphetamine use in pregnancy and child development
Methamphetamine use in pregnancy and child development: Longitudinal follow-up in adolescence & plans for mHealth intervention to prevent substance use in pregnancy.
Professor Trecia Wouldes & Suzanne Stevens
14-Apr | Implementing digital tools to support adolescent mental health
Implementing digital tools to support adolescent mental health HABITs and Aroha projects.
Dr. Sarah Hopkins & Associate Professor Sarah Hetrick.
28-Apr | Evaluating digital interventions for parents
Evaluating digital interventions for parents.
Dr. Marthinus Bekker
26-May | Seven ways in COVID days
Seven ways in Covid days: app innovations for young people to support wellbeing (Whitu – focus on pandemic) and communication (Village – focus on self-harm and suicidal ideation).
Dr Hiran Thabrew & Dr Anna Serlachius
9-Jun | Designing and evaluating mental health apps (Room 507-G007)
Do as I say, not as I do… Designing & evaluating mental health apps.
Dr. Karolina Stasiak
23-Jun | Developmental health difficulties
Developmental health difficulties at 4.5 years from Growing Up in NZ study
Dr Jin Russell (ADHB)
The effect of a needs assessment tool on the hospital admission experience of children and young people with developmental disabilities, communication difficulties and challenging behaviours.
Dr Lizzy Keeling
28-Jul | Professor Sally Merry - research career (Manaakitia Room 503-019)
An overview of my research career: “If we knew what we were doing, it would not be called research”
Professor Sally Merry
25-Aug | Youth-19 survey (Room 507-G100)
Youth-19 survey: Responding to the worsening mental health of our rangatahi
Terry Fleming & Lovely Dizon (Victoria University of Wellington)
8-Sep | Student Presentations
- Social media influencers & young people’s mental health (Emily Adeane)
- Young Asian New Zealanders and digital mental health support (Gloria Kim)
- Social media cleanse: Effects on mental health (Charlie Whitfield)
22-Sep | Co-producing systematic reviews with youth (Room 507-2056)
Youth engagement framework for co-producing systematic reviews.
Vartika Sharma & Sarah Hetrick
6-Oct | Student Presentations (Room 507-G100)
- IDEAL study: Inhibitory control in adolescents exposed prenatally to methamphetamine (Natalia Burakevych)
- Mental health professional’s views on digital tools (Catherine Rawsley)
- Pacific adolescents’ mental wellbeing and co-design of a digital intervention (Kalolaine Finaulahi)
20-Oct | Using the IDI for CAMH mental health research (Room 507-2056)
Using the IDI (Integrated Data Infrastructure) for CAMH mental health research
3-Nov | Student Presentations
- An App to support the delivery of focused acceptance and committment therapy (Vin Allen, PhD PYR)
- Acceptability of the Tune In app for Asian New Zealanders (Naomi Inoue-Rajapaksa)
17-Nov | Researching self-harm & suicide prevention in Aotearoa
Researching self harm & suicide prevention in Aotearoa